You’ve received a Zoom Meeting invitation, what now?
- Click the Zoom Meeting link in the days leading up to your meeting.
Zoom will download, this should only take a few seconds, and launch you into the meeting. If you are having any issues with this there are some more detailed download instructions here.
- When the Zoom window launches a box will pop up in the centre of your screen. Click the green button to ‘Join with Computer Audio’ .
- You can now click the up arrow ‘^’ next to the mic icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the Zoom window and select ‘Test Speaker & Microphone’. This will allow you to make sure you can hear and be heard. More info on that here.
- Ensure you have a good internet connection. If on wifi make sure you are in a strong signal area. If at home, ensure others aren’t streaming or downloading content.
- Think about your surroundings, noise, lighting etc. There are some tips here.
- If you need to share something with others in the meeting it is very simple in Zoom. More info on that here.
That’s it, you should be ready to go with your Zoom Meeting now. If you would like to know more, have a look through the other pages on this blog for more tips and information.