Welcome to the Zoom Support Pages
To log into your University of Otago Zoom Account, click here and Sign In using your University of Otago credentials.
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a simple online videoconference and instant messaging application which has an easy to use interface but with powerful features to cover the wide variety of uses across the University, when communicating at distance.
Zoom offers high quality video, audio, and screen-sharing experience across Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and H.323/SIP videoconference systems.
Attendees can also join Zoom meetings from an ordinary telephone for an audio-only connection or easily link their voice on the phone with their video on a computer via Zoom’s convenient Participant ID technology.
Zoom is the University of Otago’s officially supported online meeting solution. It allows for meetings of up to 300 participants and unlimited duration.
(Please note: It is not necessary to have a Zoom account to join a Zoom meeting from another person’s invitation.)
- Windows, Mac, Linux, Android and iOS supported
- Highly efficient screen sharing to delivery presentations
- Streaming of video while screen sharing, including audio.
- The capability to conduct large scale meetings.
- Easy to connect to a meeting and use
- Attendees can fall back to dialing in via telephone should they have problems.
- Ideal for home use
- Easy to share recording process
- Records meetings in ready to use video and audio only formats