These rooms are bookable through Outlook. You can therefore easily view room availability room and to book it in when sending your meeting invite to your attendees.
Adding Room Calendars and Searching for Availability:
- In your Outlook calendar click “Add Calendar” in the top menu
- Search for ITS AVC 1, ITS AVC2, ITS AVC3 and Hunter Centre eConferencing Room 1.16
- Double click on each of these names in the list to add
- Click OK
- Search your dates/times to view availability for each room
Booking a Room:
- Create a new meeting invite in Outlook calendar (NB: If you have an existing Outlook invite for a meeting you can simply edit this and change the location to the room).
- Click on ‘Location’, then search and add the the room you wish to book ITS AVC 1, ITS AVC 2, ITS AVC 3 or Hunter Centre eConferencing Room 1.16
Double click on the room to add it to the item bar at the bottom of the window and Select ‘OK’.
Make sure the selected room now shows in both the ‘Required’ and ‘Location’ fields.
- Add in the corresponding email address below as an attendee which will generate the start button on the iPad in the room for you (not applicable for Hunter Centre Room 1.16).
AVC1 – firstname.lastname@example.org
AVC2 – email@example.com
AVC3 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Always include the Zoom link in the content field of your outlook invite.
- Add a note for the eConferencing team to advise what support you need
– Technical Support Monitoring
– Any other special requests
- Click SEND
eConferencing will then assess your request and either accept it if all is okay or deny the request and contact you to discuss further.
- Booking requests for teaching are prioritized over other meetings.
- If you need a one off or recurring link created and you are not able to use your own Zoom account please email email@example.com and we can create one for you to add into your Outlook invite.
- The videoconferences in our rooms may be monitored by the eConferencing department to help ensure quality of connection and provide technical support when required. This will be conducted within strict confidentiality requirements for staff in the eConferencing department.
For future reference below are some other rooms with Zoom capability that are bookable in Outlook:
- Scott Shand meeting room G.01 (add the room as the location) – add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org as an attendee and put the Zoom link in the content) – this room will have an iPad with a start button.
- Clocktower G30 (add the room as the location) – this room has the Zoom app on the desktop to click join and type your meeting ID and passcode in to join the meeting.
- Clocktower 1.36 (add the room as the location) – this room has the Zoom app on the desktop to click join and type your meeting ID and passcode in to join the meeting.
- Clocktower G08A (add the room as the location) – this room has the Zoom app on the desktop to click join and type your meeting ID and passcode in to join the meeting.