Skip to Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Site Map Menu
Search

Services for staff and students

I provide a number of services for staff and students. Contact me.

Scanning

The geology department has scanners for a range of scanning tasks including:

• Colour A3 Ricoh and Canon scanners with bulk feed ability for general use. (these are MFDs)
  • Nikon Coolscan + bulk scanning attachment for scanning film slides (operated by Luke).
  • 2 x Epson perfection V300 photo scanner (with transmitted and reflected light options) in the Imaging Lab and the paleo sed lab for general use.
  • 1 x Epson perfection v700 photo scanner (with transmitted and reflected light in the Imaging Lab.

If you need help with any scanning please come see me.

Large format scanning(maps, posters etc.)

We can get large format scanning done at UNIPRINT. If you need a map or poster scanned bring it to me and I will take it over there, scan it and give you the file.

Large format printing service

We have an epson stylus pro 9600 large format colour printer that can be used for printing maps and posters etc. This printer can print up to 1067mm wide.

We also have a ricoh aficio large format laser (b+w) copier. This is good for large format copying and the cost is 1/10th that of printing on the epson printer.

Website service

Want to get your own page on the Geology website? We recommend that all staff and post-grad students should have their own page. I can work with you to get that page up. Just send me a document with the text and images as you would like them to appear and I will build your page.

See any mistakes on the geology website? Or got some cool ideas? Contact me.

GPS lending service

We have ~10 consumer grade GPS units that we lend out to staff and students. Some units even have topo maps built into them.

Do you have your own garmin gps unit and want to get topo maps on it? I sell these pre-loaded with free nztopo maps at $10 a piece.

Illustration and GIS services

Do you want a figure or map made for a report, thesis or something else?  Contact me.

Getting a base map for field work

Need a base map for field work? You can make your own map using ArcGIS templates I have created. I can also advise you in how to make the best base map. Contact me.