Note: New contact person for this website / blog is Stephen Read, Geological Mapping Technician. email@example.com
If there is a need, and time permits, this site will be updated so please let me know if you have come here looking for useful information.
This website was setup by the former Scientific Illustrator in the Geology Department, primarily for use by staff and students in the Geology Department.
Posts will be for illustration and GIS tips and tricks and announce upgrades and changes to equipment and software etc. around the department. There also pages about the services I offer for staff and students, training for staff and students and other resources.
Core responsibilities for the Scientific Illustrator
- Scientific illustration
- Work with staff and students to produce illustration for publications, teaching use, etc.
- Train and advise staff and students in the use of software and equipment for illustration etc.
- Geographic information systems (GIS)
- Look after the GIS software in the department.
- Work with staff and students to produce base maps for teaching and fieldwork etc.
- Work with staff and students to produce maps for publication or in theses etc.
- Train and advise staff and students in the use of GIS software
- Look after the GPS gear in the department
- Train and advise staff and students on their use
- Maintain the geology website
- Large format printing
- Operate the large format (up to 1067mm wide) printers/photocopiers in our department: printing posters and maps for staff and students