Blackboard Upgrade 2016
We would like to announce the upgrade of Blackboard for 2016. We have scheduled the upgrade to happen between 5pm Thursday 17 November until 9am Monday 21 November. This will mean that there will be no access to Blackboard during this timeframe.
This upgrade to Blackboard includes several behind the scenes improvements including a fix to the recent slow processing times for SafeAssign reports.
You can keep up-to-date with news about this update by following the ITS Service Desk notices (http://www.otago.ac.nz/its/servicenotices/) and here on the eLearning blog (www.otago.ac.nz/elearning).
Otago Capture Upgrade 2016
On November 12th Otago Capture will be updated to the most up to date version. This will keep us up to date with the latest performance and stability improvements as well a new way to record.
- Security improvements – Keeping Capture up to date with the latest security improvements from Echo360.
- Capture Pro – A new device for recording lectures. This device adds the ability for a staff member to record straight away, with a record and stop button on the front of the device.
- Mobile Apps – There are two mobile apps for uploading videos from your phone or tablet. This application is available on both iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android. We have more information on the help site.
If you have any questions about this update please contact the ITS Service Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Unitube Upgrade 2016
During the break Unitube will be upgraded to the latest version of the software. This is to keep us up to date with all the latest performance improvements on Unitube.
When: Monday 4th July – 9am-11am. During this time Unitube will not be available.
- Download link optional. The ability for viewers to download the your media can be turned on or off by you as the media owner.
- Create Groups. You can now create groups of users and reuse those groups for access to private media.
- New look. A new, more modern look to Unitube.
If you have any questions about this upgrade please contact the ITS Service Desk (email@example.com).