What is Otago Capture?
Otago Capture is the new lecture recording system installed in selected Dunedin ITS-managed lecture theatres in 2014. It uses Echo360 devices and software to record Lectures or events.
Example recordings can be viewed to give you a better idea of how it works.
- Automatic scheduled recordings.
- Records what the projector displays
- Recordings can be viewed online through Blackboard
- Extensive viewing statistics for recordings and students
- Allows students to bookmark and discuss recordings
- Online editing of recordings
- ScreenCapture software available
- Live streaming of recordings
What we’re currently working on
Moving to the new version of Otago Capture. This will be a major step up in functionality of the system. For demonstrations please see the eLearning Seminars page.
What’s coming up
Updates to the Otago Capture Administration Application to increase functionality and ease of use.