On Wednesday 25 November at 9am the Blogs and Podcasts systems are going to be updated. This should take around 2 hours and will provide more some security and operational fixes to the system as well as:
- Customize Option in the Administration Menu – This allows you to change the theme, edit the menus and widgets without having to visit the Dashboard of the site.
- New Theme from Web Services – You can select this by choosing “University of Otago 2016”. If you don’t want to change you don’t have to, your current theme will still work on your site.
To get everything ready for the start of Semester 1, 2015, we’re upgrading Otago Blogs and Podcasts. This will keep us up to date with the latest security changes as well as provide all users with a new University of Otago theme. The new theme is more mobile friendly and slick looking.
When: Tuesday, 3 February 2015 – 9am-11am. During this time Otago Blogs and Otago Podcasts will not be available
If you have any questions about this upgrade please contact the ITS Service Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org).
February has rapidly arrived and Semester 1 feels perilously close to starting again for another year. 2014 looks like it is shaping up to be an exciting year with the Lecture Recording upgrade rapidly underway, and upgrades to Blackboard, Otago Blogs and Otago Podcasts already complete.
To start the year off smoothly we have come up with a short list of things to check off, hopefully there are a few items that jog your memory before classes start.
- Are you teaching with Blackboard this year? If so, is your paper ready to teach?
- Request a rollover or get a new paper registered (http://www.otago.ac.nz/its/services/teaching/otago028342.html)
- If you’re using Otago Blogs or Otago Podcasts this year you’ll need to give your sites a bit of a clear out. Make sure you download any files you want to keep before you delete them.
- Have you thought about running online tutorials? Have a look at Otago Connect for a Skype-like solution (http://www.otago.ac.nz/its/services/teaching/otago023671.html)
- Want to know more about the Lecture Recording upgrade? Check out the blog to keep up to date: https://blogs.otago.ac.nz/lecturerecordingupgrade/
Lastly, we have spruced up all our eLearning help sites over summer and you’ll now find them at http://help.otago.ac.nz – make sure you pop along, have a look and brush up on a few new tricks before the students come back.