Commemorating Diasporic Death at Home and Abroad
Edinburgh: 25 November 2016
IN ASSOCIATION WITH:
NATIONAL MUSEUMS SCOTLAND
Our eighth and final seminar in the series explores the way that Scottish migrant deaths were commemorated at home and abroad during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Comparison with other migrant groups will also be considered.
Date: 25 November 2016
Venue: National Museums Scotland
- Tom Addyman (Addyman Archaeology)
Dr Nicholas J Evans (University of Hull)
- Professor Bill Jones (Cardiff University)
- Dr Michael Linkletter (St Francis Xavier University)
- Professor Angela McCarthy (University of Otago)
- Professor John M. MacKenzie (University of Lancaster)
- Professor Harold Mytum (University of Liverpool)
- Samuel North (University of Hull)
- Professor Laurie Stanley-Blackwell (St Francis Xavier University)
Numbers for the event are limited. Should you wish to attend please email Angela McCarthy.
Banner Image: Clandonald Settlers Leaving Scotland for Alberta, 1924, Glenbow Archives, NA-331-6.