The Dunedin Colorectal Cohort is overseen by a Governance Committee comprising the following members:
- Executive Group: two clinicians and two scientists across multiple schools/divisions at the University of Otago.
- Māori/Pacific representative
- Lay/patient advocate
- Two additional researchers
The broad purpose of this group is to manage the Dunedin colorectal cancer cohort. The roles of the group are:
- To provide a resource for fundamental and applied colorectal cancer research
- To provide cross-discipline data for a cohort of colorectal cancer patients
- To ensure continuity across long term research teams and programmes
The responsibilities of the group are to manage the physical patient samples and associated data, and to provide a mechanism for researchers to access and share tissue samples and associated data.