The Cell Transformation Group is interested in the p53 tumour suppressor protein. Research revolves around studies on how p53 works; how another cancer-related protein called YBX-1 affects p53 function; and the mechanism of YBX-1 signalling. Projects include:
- Importance of the proline domain in p53 dependent apoptosis.
- Importance of the proline domain in tumour suppression by p53.
- Role of the p53 isoforms in p53 function.
- Disease predisposition and p53.
- Interactions between Y-box binding protein (YBX-1) and p53.
- Binding partners of YBX-1.
- Investigation into BRCA-1 signalling pathway in ovarian cells.
[kml_flashembed movie=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49f7I1Vq9DQ” height=”340″ width=”560″ [/kml_flashembed]