Skip to Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Site Map Menu
Search

Health Science First Year Information Sessions – September 2017

HSFY SEMINAR

We had an amazing response from our Health Science First Year students who were keen to interact with our department champions and gain support and direction with their degrees!

The School of Biomedical Sciences held two course information and advice sessions targeted to our first year students during 4-6pm on Monday 2nd and Friday 6th October, 2017. The Departments and programmes (Genetics and Neuroscience) set up stations in the St David atrium area which were stationed by 2-4 representatives. These stations became extremely popular with the students, with lines often extending down the corridors.

A powerpoint presentation containing general course advice was run simultaneously in Seminar Room 1. This also proved to be a huge success in providing clarification and overview to students.

The busiest times were between 4-5.15pm.

We estimate that over 200 students visited the area over the two days.

About 60 students attended the general advice sessions and students visited multiple tables to talk about specific majors and degrees.

Some of the questions asked by students included: What is the difference between a BSc and BBiomedSc degree?

What do the different majors entail?

What job can I get at the end of my degree?

Can I do arts papers in my BSc?

Where can I find out more about the BHealSc?

Thank you to everyone who contributed their time and expertise, we look forward to doing it again next year!

Emma
BMS Promotions