Skip to Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Site Map Menu
Search

Riding the Educational Seas of Change – Hamish McDonald

Auē! I find it hard to recall a time, in my nearly thirty years as an educator in Aotearoa, when the educational landscape has been so busy and packed with as many changes to our education system. I feel like we are on the cusp of some amazing and wonderful changes that will make a considerable difference for our tamariki and rangatahi across Aotearoa … but we do need to get it right! In my previous life I have been a teacher in the primary sector, Deputy Principal and Principal, sharing with you the many challenges and rewards that come with our profession. As I adapt to my new position in this exciting space of supporting kaiako, tumaki and kura throughout Aotearoa, I am interested in hearing how you are currently navigating these educational seas of change and what support do you need to help keep your waka afloat and heading in the direction that best supports your tamariki and community?

Hamish McDonald, Director, Education Support Services, University of Otago College of Education

6