Skip to Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Search Skip to Site Map Menu
Search

Email from Stuart Henrys – DRILLNZ

Stuart Henrys at GNS Science co-ordinates the DRILLNZ (now GeoDiscoveryNZ) group. He emailed today to remind us of the IODP Workshop application deadline and the ANZIC Report not he web – both of which I’ve already told you about this morning. Additionally he comments:

1. In order to take advantage of the many port calls coming up in 2018 Chris Hollis and myself, together with John Callan (GNS) met with Emily Watt, a PR consultant, who has put together a draft comms plan. The plan is attached and we welcome feedback. IODP Comms Plan-March2017(final). Recently I have had an opportunity to pitch IODP to Minister Paul Goldsmith, Megan Woods (Labour spokesperson for Science), and Laura and I spoke to Gareth Hughs (Greens) earlier this year. All are keen to visit the ship when berthed in Wellington!

2. The table attached to the comms plan provides a summary of the Expeditions, participants (to date), and port calls for the 6 legs scheduled in NZ waters and the Ross Sea. In addition, if you receive the Royal Society Alerts, you will see we are calling for E&O applications. I attach the advertisement and keen to spread the word for this as well. 17 April deadline NZ Education & Outreach Advert

3. We have relaunched the DRILLNZ web site as GeoDiscoveryNZ https://geodiscovery.gns.cri.nz/ We needed to do this because of peculiar associations were showing up on google search. In any case, it has given us an opportunity to rearrange it a bit. We are still in the process of doing that and improving the layout.