In this step-by-step guide we show you how to install the Citrix Receiver so you can use all the features of the Student Desktop on your own computer.
How to Install
- Go to the Citrix website at www.citrix.com/products/receiver
- Click Download Receiver to download
- Install the Receiver by running the downloaded file and following the installer instructions
- Once installed, open the Citrix Receiver and click Set Up Account in the main window
- In Add Account type: student.desktop.otago.ac.nz
- Enter your student username and password
- If you get an error message asking for a “domain”, enter student\yourusername
Make sure you put the \ the right way round!
- If given the option, choose Student Desktop Lock
- If the above box does not appear, click the Plus symbol > All Applications > Student Shared Desktop
- Click Student Shared Desktop to start using the Student Desktop
How to Start the Student Desktop
Once the Citrix Receiver is installed, just open it and choose the Student Shared Desktop icon whenever you want to use it.