The two ways you can get Office 365 for your phone or tablet are shown below.
After downloading the app, use your student email and password to sign-in to the app. This will ensure you get the full version of Office 365 in accordance with the University’s licence.
If you have a version of Android prior to 4.4, please see the note below.
Method 1: Search the store
Go to the appropriate app store for your device and search for Office 365. Choose the apps you want from the list of search results.
- iPad/iPhone – Mac App Store
- Android – Google Play Store
Method 2: Get links emailed to you
- Login to your StudentMail at otago.ac.nz/studentmail on any computer or device
- Click on Office 365, in the top right-hand corner
- Click Get Office on your devices
- Choose your device type and fill in your email address. Microsoft will email you download links for the Office 365 apps for your device
Android OS prior to 4.4
If you have a version of Android OS earlier than 4.4, you will need to download Office Mobile which contains Word, Excel and Powerpoint apps.
- Go to the Play Store on your device and search for Office Mobile
- Download the app
- Use your student email and password to sign-in to the app
Back to Office 365 Free for Students page