Printing and photocopying is paid for using money loaded on to your account via your Student ID card. Scanning is free of charge.
See below for printing costs, how to top-up your printing account, and how to apply for printing refunds.
Note: Some departments may also provide their students with printing funds; please enquire with your department for more information.
The printing and photocopying costs per page on the Canon MFD printers are as follows:
For printing services and costs when printing to the Printshop, please contact Uniprint.
How to Load Money onto your Printing Account
There are two main ways to top-up your printing account – top-up kiosks and the online Uniprint Top-up Portal.
You can use any of the top-up kiosks found in most University of Otago libraries to top-up your printing funds. You must have your Student ID card with you to use the kiosks, and you can use either EFTPOS or credit card (but not cash).
If you are staying in a Residential College, you may be able to make cash top-ups to your printing funds at the College.
Top-up kiosks can be found at:
- Central Library (Electronic Resources Area), Dunedin
- Robertson Education Library, Dunedin
- Science III Building Foyer, Dunedin (24 hour access)
- University of Otago Health Sciences Library, Dunedin
- University of Otago Canterbury Medical Library, Christchurch
- University of Otago Southland Campus Library, Invercargill
- University of Otago Wellington Medical & Health Sciences Library, Wellington
- Printing funds can be loaded by the Auckland Centre staff during office hours
Online Uniprint Top Up Budget Portal
You can top up your printing account online using your credit card at the Uniprint Top Up Budget Portal.
Printing fund expiry
Your printing funds tend to expire the year after you finish at Otago. For up-to-date information on printing fund expiry, please see the Uniprint For Students information page.
If you need to apply for a refund of printing funds, please contact Uniprint via their online Student Printing Refunds Request form.