StudentMail is the main way that you will be contacted by your lecturer and University services, so it is important that you check it regularly.
Access your StudentMail online
Just go to otago.ac.nz/studentmail and click Sign In. On the login page, enter your student email address and use your student password.
Add StudentMail to your smartphone
Yes, you can definitely add your StudentMail account to your smartphone!
Option One: Using an Email App
In your preferred email app, choose to add an Exchange account, and remember to use your full student email address as your username. This is found on your Student ID card and is in the form email@example.com.
Detailed instructions for different apps are coming soon, but if you have any trouble, just contact us! See the sidebar for our full contact details.
Option Two: Forward to Personal Email Account
- Log in to your StudentMail
- Click the cog icon in the top right hand corner and select Options
- Select Mail > Accounts > Forwarding
- Select Start Forwarding and add your personal email address to the list
- To ensure that you receive messages from your student email, add “otago.ac.nz” to the safe sender list in your personal email account