As a student, your primary account is your university username.
This account (which also forms the basis of your email address) is created automatically for you when your first enrol as a student at the University of Otago. Your username is printed on your University ID card (as is your University email address). It is a combination of the first few letters of your first and last name, and 3 random numbers. For example: bonja007 for Jane Bond.
Your University username and password gives you access to all university services you’re entitled to.
After course declaration you will be sent an email that contains your username. You will be directed to complete the following steps.
- Log into eVision with your personal email and password.
- Click the notice on the front page. You will be required to enter your cell phone number.
- Wait for a text that contains your temporary password.
- Log into eVision using your username (e.g. bonja007) and temporary password.
- Once you have logged in change your temporary password by clicking the change password link.
You can change your password anytime by logging back into eVision or going to the following link www.otago.ac.nz/password.
For help creating a strong password please click here.
If your password has become lost don’t panic. Bring your student ID card to the Student IT Help Desk in the central library and we can help you out. If you cannot get to the central library you can contact us in the following ways. You will be required to answer additional questions to prove your identity.
- Phone: 03 479 5170
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/uostudentit/
If you have previously set up your challenge questions in the Identity Management Console, you will be able to use the Forgotten your Password function. For a detailed guide on how to do this click here.