Office 365 Online is a lightweight, web-browser based office suite that includes all the tools you know and love. You can access it from any computer without a local copy of office needing to be installed. All files are saved to your OneDrive, which is 1TB of free online storage that is included with your University subscription. Office 365 Online offers tools to work as a group on a single document, share notes with your peers, and schedule tasks and calendar events.
- Follow this link and sign in with your student email address and password. https://www.office.com/
- Sign into your student emails and click on the Office 365 button in the top left hand corner. This will take you to the main page.
All files are saved to your OneDrive when working online. To access these, simply click the menu button in the top left-hand corner and select OneDrive.
Here you will see any files you have saved, and any folders you might have created.
To create a folder or file click the New button.
Any file can be dragged into a folder, just like the desktop version. Clicking on a file will open up the file in the correct editor.
- Office 365 Online makes sharing files and notebooks very easy.
- Click on the file or notebook you wish to share.
- In the top right-hand corner look for a Share button
- Type in the students name you wish to share the document with, and choose if they are able to edit it, or just view it.
- Finally click Share. The student will receive a notification informing them that they can now access that document or notebook.