Before you leave Uni, it’s important to let people know how they can reach you in the future, if they are currently contacting you via your University email. Even if you have email forwarding currently enabled you should still enable out-of-office setup.
Out-of-office is different to forwarding your emails to another account. Out-of-office enables you to automatically send a reply back to anyone who sends you an email. For example, it is commonly used to let people know that the person they are trying to email is on holiday, or out of the office as the name suggests.
In our case we can use it to let people know that you no longer have access to your StudentMail and that they should contact you on another personal (or work) email address.
How To Setup Out of Office
Here’s how to do it:
- Click the gear icon in the top right hand corner
- Select Automatic replies
- A new window will have appeared - click the button beside Send automatic replies
- Write your reply stating the new email address you can be reached at
- Copy and paste your message into the second text box
- Leave all other settings as is
- Press the Save button at the top of the Forwarding settings pane
- You're all done!
- Additionally we recommend that you should test out your automatic replies settings by sending an email to your StudentMail account
- You should almost instantaneously receive a reply with the message you have just written.