Student IT look after Computer Labs and library computer spaces.
North, College of Education (TG05/TG06) and Hercus are available 24/7.
The others are open during library hours.
- These spaces are also available for you to study in when there are no booked classes.
- You can freely use the WiFi, printers and the Student Desktop Computers in these spaces.
- E-stops such as those outside the St David lecture theatre provide a place to easily print off your lecture notes before class.
- Hunter and TCOL-Mac have Mac computers, but they can also run the student (PC) Desktop if you want.
- If you just want a place to use your laptop to print or access the internet, you might like Marsh Centre or any of the quiet spaces found upstairs in the libraries.
- West CAL has been discontinued (see note below).
North (opposite Science Library)
Hercus and Hunter (both on Great King Street near the Dunedin Hospital).
TCOL-Mac – (TG05) and TCOL-PC (TG06) (both on Ground Floor of Tower Block, College of Education
NOTE THAT WEST CAL IS NOW PERMANENTLY CLOSED. The nearest 24/7 lab is North, opposite the Science library. Hunter and TCOL-Mac have Macs if you require them.
Full Computer Room List
If you need to book a computer room, contact: email@example.com
There is no charge to book these rooms if they are booked by a department.
There is an online booking form available for staff to use here.
Dunedin Study Spaces
Student Computer Study Spaces can be found throughout the Dunedin Campus, and run the same Student Desktop that you can use on your own computer. Login using your student username and password.
List of Student Computer Study Spaces by Area
- Arts CAL (Arts 1 Building, Ground Fl)
- Castle eStop (Castle Building)
- Central Library (ISB)
- Central (Richardson Building, Ground Fl)
- Law Library (Richardson Building)
- Psychology eStop (Psychology Building, 1st Floor)
- North (24-hour) (Science 3 Building, Ground Fl)
- Science Library
- St David e-stops (St David Building, Ground Fl)
- Marsh Centre Castle street.Google Street View
- Hercus (24-hour) (Hercus Building, School of Medicine)
- Health Sciences Library (School of Medicine)
- TCOL-MAC (TG05)
- TCOL-PC (TG06)
- Plaza (University Plaza, by Stadium)
- Robertson Library (Union St East)
- Otago Business School OBS118