It is very important to regularly save and backup your files in more than one place. However we can occasionally find ourselves in a position where we have lost a file and need to get it back.
- Don’t shut down your computer.
- Check that the file is not in your recycle bin or trash.
- Check recently opened documents.
- If you file was written in Microsoft Word, Excel, or Power Point open the corresponding editor.
- Choose Open or Open Other Documents.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Recover Unsaved Documents.
Still No Luck?
- If you have not managed to locate your file, there is still a chance we can recover it for you.
- Keep your computer turned on until you can come to the Student IT help desk, in the central library.
- If you are unable to come in, or are off-campus, feel free to contact us and we will do our best to walk you through our file recovery process.