The theme for this year’s Open Access Week is “Open in Action.” OpenAccessWeek.org has published a list (where you can even tick boxes and submit a form to put your commitment to yourself in writing) of things you can do:
- Start a conversation about Open Access during a research group meeting, journal club, or staff meeting.
- Send at least one manuscript to an open-access journal within the next year.
- Deposit at least one of my articles into an open-access repository during Open Access Week and encourage colleagues to do the same.
- Use the SPARC author addendum on my next publication to reserve rights to make a copy of my work publicly accessible.
- Contribute to a conversation on campus about institutional support for Open Access.
- Sign the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment and commit to not using journal-based metrics in evaluation.
- Sign up for Impactstory to explore the online impact of your research and get an ORCID.
(Text from the bullet points used under a a CC-BY licence from http://www.action.openaccessweek.org/)