Another year and another round of Health Research Council Grants to a number of our members!
Genetics Otago would like to congratulate those members on their success. We are proud to let you all know that these successes make up 20% of all University of Otago gained HRC grants for 2019 and 11% of all HRC grants awarded in this round!
A large number of GO members will be working on these projects over the next few years and we look forward to updates on their work.
GO Member HRC Grants 2019:
- Associate Professor Stephanie Hughes – Dissecting the role of glial lysosome function in neurodegeneration, $1,199,417, 36 months.
- Associate Professor Julia Horsfield – A novel genetic mechanism in acute myeloid leukaemia, $1,177,919, 36 months.
- Professor Tony Merriman – Addressing clinical questions in gout using genetic data, $1,198,120, 36 months.
- Dr Anna Pilbrow – A precision medicine approach to improving heart disease outcomes, $1,193,680, 36 months.
- Dr James Ussher – The role of microbial viability in regulating MAIT cell activation, $1,191,634, 36 months.
- Associate Professor Logan Walker – Impact of germline copy number variation on endometrial cancer risk, $1,145,197, 36 months.
Heoi anō tāku mō nāianei