Now eVision is live
Stage 3 of eVision is live. A big thank you to the SMS Project team and ITS who made it all happen over mid-semester break.
Many of you will be going to training courses so you can access all the functions you need to in eVision. Remember, you need to go on a training course before you can get access to each part of eVision.
Based on feedback to date, we recommend the face-to-face Foundation for eVision course, but if you haven’t done the course yet, and need eVision access before your course is scheduled, you can watch the course video and/or e-learning module via Blackboard at a time that suits you. Once we receive confirmation of this activity we will switch on your foundation level access within 48 hours.
If you can’t make a course or miss a course we should still be able to squeeze you into another course – contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Get in touch as soon as possible to find a time that suits you.
Don’t forget, all course information is published on Blackboard. Just use your regular University username and password to log in. Please feel free to print out any course materials you want to bring along to courses if that’s how you prefer to learn.
eVision will continue to mature so you can expect upgrades, updates, new modules and other modifications over time.
There are quite a few things already underway – more releases are scheduled for mid-June, early August, late August and mid-September. These changes will ensure we have the most up-to-date version of eVision as well as delivering a range of functions that were not part of the Easter release, including:
- more paper selection, course enrolment, change of course and programme maintenance functionality
- more support for processing applications from international students
- improvements for maintaining programmes and paper data within the academic structure
- publication of grade point averages (GPA)
- more student communication options
- scholarship and awards management
- Doctoral and Masters student administration
We’ll keep in touch with more information and training as we get closer to the release dates.
Director, Academic Services
What’s been happening?
Some recent activity:
- As noted above, the go-live effort over Easter went without any significant issues. No system is ever perfect, so we continue to monitor performance and tweak where necessary.
- A note on the availability of eVision Business Objects reports (including a list of current and planned reports) has been published in the FAQs section of the SMS Project Blog.
- FAQs and other questions from the Foundation for eVision course have been published on the SMS Project Blog. Have a quick look if you are waiting for an answer, or in case someone else has asked a question that’s relevant to you. We will continue to publish questions and answers as they are raised so you may want to check the blog regularly.
The SMS Project Blog also includes an update on the new look for Academic Records and Academic Transcripts.
In the next few weeks:
- Training continues to be a key focus, ensuring all staff using eVision are properly equipped to do their jobs. There are more details about training on our SMS Project blog.
- The SMS Project team has completed the development of the functionality that will be delivered in June 2014. We are now completing testing to ensure it works as expected. You can find a more detailed list of what’s being delivered when on our SMS Project blog.
Need to know more?
If you have any questions about using eVision please raise them in the first instance with your local support person or get touch on eVision@otago.ac.nz. Questions on training can be directed to email@example.com