ITS at Otago has started 2010 by launching a new podcasting service. The new service is built around open source Blogging Software: WordPress Multi-User (WPMU). If you already use the podcasting system – don’t worry the new service has the same functionality – and more.
Otago has been running the same podcasting service for the last three years; in 2009 we made the decision to move to WPMU. This move means we have been able to provide users with many new features. New features include:
- Pick your own site’s theme
- Add multiple pages to your podcasting site
- Use Google Analytics to track site usage (if you have a Google Analytics account).
- Customizable dashboard (administration area)
- Ability to customize your site with widgets (calendar, search box, text box, list of links)
If you’re a podcast site owner ITS will have already contacted you to let you know what has happened and how you were affected. We recommend you update any existing links to the podcasting service you have – i.e. Blackboard links, webpage links, and course information books.
Useful podcasting information